Back to school, back to lunches… try these healthier alternatives:
For many, the end of January means back to school and the beginning of a year of making lunch boxes for your children and family. This can be a huge chore for a lot of us especially as we struggle to find healthy alternatives to give our loved ones. Make sure you join us for our workshop on the 25th January at 10:00 with registered dietician, Karen Bishop, as she shares recipes, ideas and tips to take the chore out of lunches. The workshop is free however booking essential on email@example.com . For those that can’t make it, here are some simple tips to help make lunches easier for you –
- The only bread we eat… the delicious and nutritious gluten free breads from In the Pink. We love the cauliflower and spinach – free from additives, preservatives and full of nature’s goodness. Deliveries are every Thursday so make sure you have your order in by the Monday!
- We get weekly deliveries fresh farm eggs from Highveld Farm where the hens take priority! The living, production and roaming area of the free range hen is very specifically planned in order to satisfy the welfare of the hens and give them the best possible environment to live, eat and lay in. They have the freedom to scratch and sand bathe whenever they need. Deliveries are every Wednesday. Add a hard boiled egg to your lunch box or make delicious eggy sarmies.
- We stock a wide range of locally produced Oh Mega nut butters. The nut butters contain no salt, sugar, preservatives or anything other than nuts! Cut up an apple and let your children dunk it into the nut butter… simply delicious.
- Nuts and dried fruit are a quick and easy snack to add to a lunch box. Nuts are a good source of omega-3s, fiber, vitamin E, folate and magnesium. Dried fruits like apricots, raisins, prunes and figs are said to contain high amounts of beta carotene, vitamin E, niacin, iron, magnesium, potassium and calcium.
- Add a delicious raw juice from The Juice Kitchen. A firm favourite with children in the Vitamin C boost – yum!
- Spoil your loved ones with baked treats from the Mojome ready mix range. Try the famous chocolate cake or brownie mixture. So quick and easy to make. A real treat – free from grain, gluten and guilt and no added sugar.