Sour dough rice
Flax seed flour
Almonds or cashews
STONEGROUND BROWN AND WILD RICE BREAD
Wild rice flour
Here are some delicious sandwich ideas and inspiration
- Make a thickish pistou (French version of Italian pesto without the parmesan).
- Good quality readymade onion marmalade.
- Spread one slice of gluten free bread with onion marmalade.
- Top with fresh salad leaves and/or leftover roasted or grilled vegetables and/or shaved fresh carrots, courgettes and cucumber.
- Spread another slice of gluten free bread with pistou and cover salad.
- Cut square or on the diagonal and enjoy!
- Four slices gluten free bread, toasted and broken/cut into small pieces. Keep a handful separate.
- Mixed leaf salad.
- Half an English cucumber (long cucumber), peeled, seeded and roughly chopped.
- Two medium size tomatoes roughly chopped.
- Two red radishes, trimmed and thinly sliced.
- Half a cup of chopped parsley.
- Half a cup of chopped fresh mint.
- Half a cup of chopped spring onion or one small red onion thinly sliced.
- One small green pepper, roughly chopped.
- One clove of garlic, crushed.
- 80ml/a third of a cup olive oil.
- Juice of half a lemon.
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Whisk the dressing ingredients.
- Toss the bread (except the handful) and salad ingredients with the dressing and combine well.
- Serve the salad sprinkled with the remaining toasted gluten free bread.