Moms, enjoy a lazy morning at home with the family and treat them to a hearty and delicious breakfast. Here’s how –
RICOTTA PANCAKES Preparation: 10 minutes, Cooking: 30 minutes, Total: 40 minutes
- 150g self-raising flour
- Pinch of salt
- 125g ricotta cheese
- 1 Tbs honey – we stock Macs all natural honey
- 250ml milk –
- 1 egg, beaten – we stock free range Midlands Eggs
- 1 Tbs butter, melted
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Cooking oil spray
Honey, yoghurt, fresh fruit or compote of fruit, LSA sprinkle
- Sift the flour and salt in a large bowl.
- In another bowl combine the ricotta, honey, milk, egg, butter and lemon juice. Whisk well to form a smooth consistency.
- Gently whisk the wet mixture into the flour to form a smooth batter.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan to medium heat and lightly spray with cooking oil.
- Pour enough batter into the pan to fit two pancakes, making flipping with a spatula easier than one large pancake per fry-up.
- Cook until a crisp edge and bubbles appear (about 3 minutes). Flip and cook for another two minutes until golden on both sides.
- Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Cook remaining batter in batches, spraying with cooking oil as necessary.
- Serve with desired toppings.