Preparation: 15 minutes, Cooking: 15 minutes, Total: 30 minutes
- 300g brussels sprouts, trimmed, dry outer leaves removed, halved
- 2 medium carrots, peeled, thinly sliced
- 4 baby marrows, thickly sliced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 large avocado, peeled, cubed
- 100g blueberries
- 60ml coconut milk
- 1-2 Tbs hot water
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 100g toasted cashew nuts, roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large non-stick frying pan over high heat, place the brussels sprouts and dry fry to char slightly on all sides, about 4 minutes. Add the carrots, baby marrows and pepper and continue to dry fry for another 5 minutes.
- Add the olive oil and stir or toss to coat all the vegetables. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and place on a serving platter.
- Scatter the cubed avocado over.
- Mix the coconut milk, hot water and lemon juice to make a loose emulsion, and drizzle over the salad.
- Scatter the blueberries over the salad, sprinkle the toasted cashew nuts over and serve.