Nothing brings the summer on like a Caprese Salad! Vine ripened, sweet tomatoes redolent of bright, warm summer days. Fresh, light bocconcini cheese.
Serves 6 as an accompanying dish.
- 1kg mixed colour and variety small tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 250g approximately (more if you’re a cheese addict!) bocconcini cheese, thinly sliced
- ½ cup roughly torn basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Layer the tomato and cheese on a shallow serving platter.
- Scatter the basil leaves on top.
- Combine the dressing and drizzle over the salad.
- A little extra freshly ground black pepper if desired.