CHICKPEA AND LENTIL SALAD Preparation: 20 minutes, Standing time: 5 minutes, Total: 25 minutes
- 1 small carrot, peeled and diced
- 2 baby marrows, diced
- ½ red pepper, diced
- ½ yellow pepper, diced
- 10cm cucumber, diced (peeled and deseeded if required)
- 1 x 400g tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 x 400g tin lentils, drained and rinsed
- 80g feta cheese, cubed
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- ½ cup roughly chopped coriander
- ½ cup roughly chopped parsley
- 1 cup roughly torn mint leaves
- 1 cup roughly torn basil leaves
- 2 tsp thyme leaves (or 1 tsp dried thyme)
- 2 red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped (optional)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 60ml olive oil
- Zest and juice of ½ a lemon
- ½ tsp smoked sweet paprika
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In large bowl combine the carrot, marrows, peppers, cucumber, chickpeas, lentils and feta cheese.
- Add the herbs.
- In a small bowl combine the garlic, olive oil, zest and juice of the lemon and the spices. Mix well to emulsify and pour over salad. Mix well to coat.
- Allow to stand for 5 minutes, mix again before serving.