Tips to fight fatigue naturally
Are you feeling exhausted? Are you tired and fatigued? Does the end of the year seem like a lifetime away? Be better than well with these natural alternatives –
- Keep moving – Whilst exercise is the last thing that you feel like doing when you are tired and exhausted, research has shown that physical activity boosts energy levels. Regular exercise not only makes you feel better within yourself but also helps improve the working efficiency of your heart, lungs and muscles. Try yoga (and enjoy the time to quiet the mind) or exercising with a friend or club to keep you motivated especially during these colder months. Make sure you pop into Thrive to view our amazing range of eco-friendly Boody Activewear. Made from sustainable bamboo, the fabrics are breathable and ultra soft. Ready, sweat… go!
- Keep hydrated – drink lots of water! We stock Kuro-Bo, an eco-friendly water filter system that is simple and easy to use and will give you peace of mind that the water you are drinking is purified. KURO-Bō is the only non-plastic water filter that is reusable, 100% recyclable and results in minimal Carbon Dioxide emissions – from the way in which it’s made to its completely eco-friendly packaging (*the box/sleeve are recycled and recyclable card and the bag is compostable cornstarch). Stay hydrated with Kuro-Bo!
- Get a good night’s rest – be sure to lay off the coffee and help relax the body with a cup of delicious herbal Pukka Night Time tea before getting into bed. It’s a combination of a sleepy crush of oat flower, soothing lavender, and silky-sweet lime-flower together with the magic of valerian. The perfect cup before bedtime to help you get a good night’s sleep.
- Take omega 3 oils – help boost alertness with fish oil –We stock Metagenics EPA DHA which features a concentrated, purified source of omega-3 fatty acids from sustainably sourced, cold-water fish. Each soft gel provides a total of 430 mg EPA and 290 mg DHA.
- Eat often – some people may benefit from eating smaller meals throughout the day. This may help steady blood sugar levels. Try snacking on an apple with peanut butter! Your body will digest this pairing more slowly which will help maintain your blood sugar level. We love Ohmega Peanut butter – made from delicious dry-roasted crushed peanuts, omega 3-rich flaxseed oil and a dash of honey. This is a peanut butter that’s both healthy AND tasty!