Free form shortcrust vegetable tart / galette
- 350g Eureka Stoneground Cake Flour plus extra for dusting
- 120ml olive oil
- 100ml chilled water
- 2 brown onions, peeled and quartered
- 4 courgettes, sliced approx. 2cm wide
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced 1cm wide
- 1 red pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, roughly chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, quartered
- 1 medium size brinjal, roughly chopped into wedges
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or enough to coat vegetables
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the vegetables on the pastry sheet leaving a 4-6cm border edge. Fold the edge over the vegetables.
- Chill for about 15 minutes.
- Bake at 200oC/180oC fan forced for 40 minutes or until the pastry is crisp and slightly browned.
- Preheat the oven to 180oC
- Place all the filling ingredients on a large baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake for about 1 hour or until the vegetables are just cooked.
- Leave to cool.
- Meanwhile for the pastry
Using a baking tray approx. 39cm x 28cm
- Using baking paper just larger approx. 46cm x30cm
- Process the flour and olive oil in a food processor till the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- With the motor running add enough water to form a smooth dough.
- Remove from processor, place on flour dusted surface and knead lightly into a disc.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, longer in hot and humid weather, until slightly firm.
- Remove from plastic wrap, place on baking paper and roll to fit larger than paper and pan, approx. 3-5mm thick.
- Place as is with baking paper on baking tray and refrigerate again for 30 minutes, or as necessary, until slightly firm.