Looking after your digestive health
“All disease begins in the gut” said Hippocrates and as we focus on digestive health this month, here are some of our tips to help you look after your digestive system –
- Take a probiotic – research has shown that gut bacteria affects both overall physical and mental health. Probiotic bacteria have many more functions than digestion. They trigger immune system reactions throughout the body. Supplement with Metagenics Ultra Floral Balance for your daily intake of probiotics.
- Another method of taking in probiotics is through fermented foods or drinks just as saukerkraut, kefir or kombucha. We stock Sproutit fermented drinks and bread because only organic fruits and vegetables are used. All the beverages are naturally carbonated. We are also proud to support our local community! Make sure you place your order with us today.
- Settle your tummy with Peppermint tea. Peppermint is a natural and effective way of aiding digestion. We stock Pukka herbal teas because only the finest organic herbal ingredients are used and they are Fair for Life certified.
- Ginger is one of the oldest remedies for an upset tummy and nausea. We love a daily ginger shot from The Juice Kitchen – a quick and easy way to enjoy these health benefits.
- If you suffer from indigestion, try taking one or two tablespoons of honey before heavy meals. The antiseptic properties of honey relieve acidity in the stomach and alleviate digestion. Honey also neutralizes gas, becoming the ultimate stomach soother when it comes to overeating. We stock Mac’s honey because its not processed so retains all its natural antioxidants and nutrients. Mac’s bees are also never fed sugar.
Consuming a diet high in fiber and rich in whole grains, vegetables, legumes, and fruits can improve your digestive health.