Serves 6 as an accompanying dish.
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted and lightly crushed in a mortar with a pestle
- 1kg green beans, topped only
- 2 spring onions, sliced thinly
- ¼ cup (60ml) olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- Blanch beans in boiling water until bright green. Remove and immediately transfer intyo ice bath until completely cold. Drain.
- Combine the beans, sesame seeds and spring onions.
- Combine all the dressing ingredients by whisking or shaking vigorously in a jar until an emulsion is formed.
- Drizzle dressing over salad ingredients, toss through and refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving.
Add the finely grated zest of half a lemon for an extra fresh and sharp flavour.