Did you know?
If you are suffering from insomnia you are not alone! Insomnia affects up to 25 per cent of the population. Symptoms vary from having difficulty getting to sleep or not being able to stay asleep, to waking early or having a restless sleep and not waking refreshed. Here are some natural solutions to help you sleep:
- Keep in a routine – By sticking to a schedule you’ll be significantly more alert than if you slept for the same total amount of time at varying hours during the week.
- Avoid alcohol – whilst alcohol may make you fall asleep straight away, it can then lead to an interrupted night’s sleep.
- Avoid caffeine – Caffeine has a half-life of six hours, which means that six hours after your last sip, half the caffeine is still in your body. Instead make the switch to delicious organic herbal teas from Pukka – Try a calming cup of Chamomile, Vanilla and Manuka honey tea. This is a blissful cup of soothing organic chamomile tea made deliciously sweeter with vanilla and manuka honey. Feel inner peace and stillness with every sip! We stock Pukka teas because only the finest organic ingredients are used and the range is certified Fair for Life (the gold standard in fair and ethical trade).
- Supplement with Valerian from Solgar – The herb valerian is commonly used in products to assist as a sleep aid with nervous tension and insomnia.
- Allow time to relax – we need to let go of the days stress and get ready for a nights rest. A light snack, a warm bath or light exercise (for example, yoga poses) can all help you let go of the busy rush of the day. Add a few drops of Lavender Essential oil into your bath. Lavender is a versatile oil and is renowned for its relaxing and calming properties and its ability to relieve headaches and insomnia. We love the aromatherapy range from Soil – all essential oils are made with the finest organic ingredients right on our door step!