LEGUMES AND BROCCOLI SALAD Preparation: 10 minutes, Cooking: 10 minutes, Total: 20 minutes
- 500g broccoli, cut into florets
- 300g peas
- 1 x 400g tin chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 50g mixed nuts and seeds, lightly toasted (sunflower, pumpkin, almonds)
- Handful of parsley, finely chopped
- Handful of mint, finely chopped
- Zest of 1 orange
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toasting the nuts and seeds: Place the nuts and seeds in a dry pan over medium heat. Stir regularly till lightly coloured and fragrant.
- Place the broccoli in a non-stick frying pan and dry fry over a medium-high heat. Allow for slight charring.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, add the peas, chickpeas and 1 tablespoon olive oil, stir to combine and warm through.
- Remove from the heat into a large bowl, add the herbs and zest, drizzle the remaining olive oil and mix to combine.
- Serve immediately.