Preparation: 10 minutes, Cooking: 20 minutes, Total: 30 minutes
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 sprigs thyme, or 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 medium carrot, peeled, grated
- 2 large marrows, grated
- 200g cauliflower, chopped into small florets
- 1 x 400g tin lentils, drained and rinsed
- 2 litres hot chicken or vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 200g baby spinach
- Heat a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil, garlic, thyme and bay leaf and cook till fragrant (about 2 minutes).
- Add the carrot, marrows and cauliflower, toss to infuse for a minute.
- And the lentils and hot stock.
- Cover, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Turn off heat, allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in the baby spinach and serve.