Preparation: 15 minutes, Cooking: 50 minutes, Total: 1 hour 5 minutes
- 6 medium beetroot, washed, scrubbed and quartered
- 4 cloves garlic, whole, peeled
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 4 sprigs fresh oregano
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- 5 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- ½ bunch fresh spinach/silverbeet/swiss chard, stalks separated, all finely chopped
- 2 x 400g tins butter beans, drained, rinsed
- 100g feta cheese
- Juice and zest of 1 small orange
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- In a small, deep roasting pan, place the beetroot, garlic, thyme, oregano, 2 tablespoons olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Add salt and pepper to taste. Toss to coat.
- Cover tightly with aluminium foil and bake for 50 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon olive oil, onion and garlic, cook till translucent (about 3 minutes).
- Add the spinach/silverbeet/swiss chard, stir to coat and warm through.
- Add the beans, stir to coat and warm through.
- Add the juice and zest of the orange and stir to coat.
- Remove from heat.
- Place the beetroot in a large serving platter. Place the bean salad on top.
- Drizzle over the roasting juices.
- Crumble over the feta cheese and drizzle with the remaining olive oil. Serve immediately.