Say no to plastic. There are so many ways that you can embrace this philosophy, and every simple action can be the change. Let’s be kind and say no.
- We offer sustainable alternatives to plastic straws with either eco-friendly bamboo straws or stainless steel straws.
- We do not offer plastic bags at our till points. We recycle all our boxes and use these as alternatives to plastic bags as well as for all our online purchases. We have also swapped all plastic bags for brown paper bags. Alternatively, we encourage you to bring in your own bags!
- We offer alternative solutions to using cling wrap. Shop Thrive for reusable beeswax wraps – a sustainable alternative to plastic cling wrap. Simply wash them and reuse over and over again. Our beeswax wraps are plant-based hand dyed – utilizing nature’s colour palette. We also offer stylish dish covers which can be placed over medium, large and extra-large bowls as another alternative to plastic cling. Both proudly made in South Africa!
- Say no to single-use cups and plastic tops and be kind to our planet with Ecoffee cups. Made from the world’s fastest-growing, most sustainable crop – bamboo fibre, Ecoffee Cup is BPA and phthalate free. Available in a wide range of colours, patterns and sizes, these are super stylish too!
- Say no to plastic fruit and veggie bags and instead use the reusable bags from Freshbag. We have a variety of sizes available and are small and neat enough to just pop straight into your handbags to have available whenever you are out grocery shopping!
- New moms, we encourage you to make the switch to the reusable cloth nappy from Fancy Pants. Disposable nappies are filling our landfills and it has been reported that each nappy takes approximately 400 years to decompose. Be kind to the environment with the stylish and easy to use fancy pants range. So simple and easy to use.
- Help reduce plastic and recycle your polytop medicine bottles here at Thrive. Simply bring in your polytop bottles, we will clean and remove the labels and reuse them again! Together let’s be kind to our environment and recycle.