- 4 potato rösti (recipe follows)
- 240g smoked salmon, sliced
- 2 large hard boiled eggs, cooled
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 2 cups rocket leaves
- ½ cup sour crème fraiche
- ½ cup cream cheese (softened at room temp)
- 2 teaspoons caviar
- Grate the eggs into large shreds using a box grater and mix with the mayonnaise, chives, salt and pepper – set aside.
- Shred the rocket into julienne strips.
- Mix the cream cheese and crème fraiche together in a small mixing bowl.
- Using roughly an 8cm round by 6cm high metal ring moulds trim the warmed rösti to fit and place them in the moulds on your serving plates.
- Place about a 1cm thick level layer of rocket leaf on top of the rösti.
- Divide the boiled egg mixture among the four plates on top of the rocket leaf and spread evenly using the back of a tablespoon.
- Divide the smoked salmon slices evenly on top of the egg, ensuring it is as level as possible.
- Spread a layer of the cream cheese mixture over the top of the salmon using a palette knife or spatula
- Place a ½ teaspoon of caviar in the centre of each parfait and top with a few chives.
FOR THE RÖSTI POTATOES:
- 400 g baking potatoes
- 50ml clarified butter
- ¼ onion finely diced
- ½ egg white
- salt & pepper to taste
- Simmer the potatoes in their skins in salted water until ¾ cooked, remove from the water, cool and peel off skin.
- Grate into large shreds using the largest side on a box grater and mix in a bowl with the onion, egg white, salt and pepper.
- Shape the potatoes into loose balls, heat some clarified butter in a non stick pan and cook over medium heat pressing down on the potatoes to shape them into rounds (at the restaurant we place the ring moulds in the pan and shape the rösti in the moulds)
- Cook one side gently until golden, turn and do the same for the second side adding more clarified butter if needed.
- Place the rösti on a baking tray and finish in a 180o oven for a further 5 minutes or until thoroughly cooked through.