Be Kind to our Earth and Spring Clean Naturally. Here’s How you can Make the Difference:
- Embrace the words reduce, reuse and recycle – instead of wasting paper towels and other disposable items, reuse old t-shirts or clothes to make your own cloths for cleaning. Simply wash and reuse over and over again.
- Declutter as you go – as you are spring cleaning, use an old box for all those items that you do not use, make you feel cluttered or simply does not fit. Fill the box with these goodies and take to your nearest charity or SPCA shop for them to sell on. A great way to reuse!
- Switch to natural cleaning products – we stock a wide range of Earthsap natural cleaning products. Made locally this range is free from toxins and any harmful ingredients and is the safe choice for your home and family.
Why we Love Using Essential Oils When we Spring Clean Naturally
Make sure you keep your cleaning cupboard full of essential oils. Many essential oils have antibacterial and antifungal properties making them the ideal cleaning companions. We stock a wide range of Soil Essential Oils locally made and completely organic.
For Spring Cleaning, our top Ccleaning Essential Oils are:
- Lemon – antiviral and antibacterial
- Tea Tree – a true “wonder” essential oil – helps fight germs, bacteria and viruses
- Rosemary – antibacterial and antiseptic
DIY All-Purpose Cleaning Spray
Try this recipe for your own completely natural all-purpose cleaner
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 2 tbsp of vinegar
- 20 drops of Lavender Essential Oil
- 20 drops of Orange Essential Oil
- 5 drops of Rosemary Essential Oil
- 1 cup of warm water
- Mix in a reusable spray bottle and use to clean surfaces in kitchen.
Note – For a bathroom version, use 20 drops of tea tree Soil Essential Oil and 20 drops of peppermint Soil Essential Oil.
Recipe Source – greenliving.com