We have a range of natural solutions for colds and flu this winter…
Here is your guide to help keep you better than well and help boost your immune system –
- Echinaforce is a natural solution helps maintain the body’s resistance to colds and flu and reduces the risk of getting sick? We stock A Vogel Echinaforce – this herbal product stops the virus from penetrating the body’s cells and helps prevent replication of the virus. Secondly, it has been proven to directly kill invading viruses.
- Eucalyptus is an excellent natural decongestant. Eucalyptus works as an expectorant and helps cleanse your body of toxins and harmful microorganisms that can make you feel sick. Simply add a few drops of eucalyptus oil to a warm bath. For more acute situations, you can make a steam bath by pouring a cup of boiling water into a bowl, and then mix 10 drops of eucalyptus EO, place a towel over your head and inhale deeply for 5 – 10 minutes. We stock a wide range of essential oils from Soil – we love the all organic ingredients used in this premium range of essential oils.
- Garlic is rich in antioxidants, vitamin B6, vitamin C, and manganese. Garlic can boost the immune system, help reduce the occurrence and the severity of the symptoms of a cold and may shorten the recovery period as well. Garlic may also help with congestion in the sinuses by reducing inflammation in the nasal passages. Incorporate raw garlic into your diet or supplement with Solgar Garlic Powder or gel capsules.
- Keep hydrated with water and herbal teas. Hot liquids can loosen mucus. Make sure your cupboard is stocked with herbal teas – try the Qi Ginseng and Green Tea – ginseng has been said to boost the immune system and decrease the severity of colds in adults whilst green tea is high in antioxidants giving you the ultimate boost you may need.
- Boost your immune system with a daily dose of ginger shots from the Juice Kitchen. If you are suffering from a cold, ginger will help reduce the symptoms that you may experience.
- If you are suffering from a sore and itchy throat, you may find relief from honey. Honey has anti-inflammatory properties that work to lessen inflammation and swelling whilst irritation within the internal glands, mucous membranes and skin. We stock MACS all natural honey – 100% natural and unheated and locally farmed. Try this spiced honey tea recipe if you have a sore throat –
Spiced Honey “Tea”
1 tbsp honey
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
Mix all ingredients together in a cup and mix with hot water and enjoy. Make yourself a cup just before bedtime.
- Gargle with salt – salt will help reduce swelling and relieve discomfort. Gargle at least every hour with 1 tsp salt combined with 240ml water.
- Soaring Free Camu Camu berry powder is a superfood berry and is a natural plant source of vitamin C, stress defence neurotransmitter GABA and is a powerful antioxidant making it a natural solution for colds and flu.
Recipe for natural solutions of colds and flu:
Use between 1 teaspoon and 1 tablespoon at least once daily for a powerful nutritional boost. Blend into water, juice, smoothies or desserts. Create your own super immune boosting flu buster and throat soother by combining this high vitamin- C Camu powder with honey and eating it straight from the jar, or dissolved in warm water.
- Include tissue salts as part of your natural solutions for colds and flu. Tissue salts are 12 minerals available in each cell and tissue that are essential to body`s metabolism. Try Ferum Phos (#3) for early stages of a cold, sore throat and stuffy nose. It is also helpful for the beginning of a cough or a headache.
- Don’t forget plenty of rest and to drink lots of water!