Preparation: 5-10 minutes depending on ingredients
- 3 kale leaves, spine removed, roughly chopped. The leaves may be used whole if a cold-pressed juice extractor is used. In this instance, more leaves will be required, about 5-6 to produce a sufficient amount of juice for 2 people.
- 500ml water
- Place the ingredients in a blender, pulse until just smooth. Alternatively, follow the manufacturer’s instructions when using a cold-pressed extractor.
- Any dark leafy green vegetables are excellent choices for alkalising the body.
- Other green vegetables to mix in: Cucumber, celery, watercress, spinach, parsley, broccoli, all sprouts and grasses.
- Other flavourful vegetables to mix in: Beetroot, carrot, avocado, ginger, coriander, basil, chives.
- Fruit and spices to mix in: Limes, lemons, grapefruit, coconut, turmeric, garlic, pomegranate, mint, sweet melon, plums, cherries, watermelon.